Yes, it’s breakfast for dinner at my house tonight, as I head out to volunteer at the Great Lakes Invitational 3 at my gym. It’s going to be a long, and fun weekend. I am looking forward to being a spectator/volunteer this year. Last year I competed (if you want to call it that), and I was a stressed out nervous wreck. It was not a pretty site!
So lets get to the food!
Number 1 I love cooking in my crockpot! Number 2 PaleOMG never disappoints with her amazing recipes.
So yes, this comes from PaleOMG and you need to make it! I prepped all my veggies & measured out my spices the night before, so this morning I just whisked my eggs and threw it all in the crockpot. Took me 1 minute this morning!
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 sweet potato or yam, shredded
- 1lb US Wellness Meats Pork Sausage, broken up
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- any extra veggies you want to put in there: peppers, squash, etc.
- I greased my crockpot with a bit of coconut oil to make sure none of the egg stuck to it.
- Shred your sweet potato. I used the shredding attachment on my food processor to make it super quick, but you could use a grater as well.
- Add all ingredients to your crockpot and use a spoon to mix well.
- Set it and forget it!! I stole that tagline. I’m gonna get sued. Eeeek.
- Place on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked it for more than 7 to make sure the pork sausage was completely cooked through.
- Slice it like a pie. Because I said so.